Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation with a race, best way to do it :)

I would blame my lack of blogging on my 2 1/2 week vacation but then if you look at my track record I just am not good at blogging everyday or week for that matter. Maybe someday :)
Just got back from an awesome vacation with my family, I was not ready to come back to my reality! A house being built which is exciting but also scary because our current house is still on the market and time is getting shorter and shorter. Long term stress and I do not do well together!! While on vacation I decided to take a break from technology also. Not a complete break but I wanted to be more present with my family. While the break was good it also means that coming back I had a ton to catch up on.

Running while on vacation was great. Altitude made it tougher but I felt like I was getting stronger. I have never run so many mountains but it was great training.

Ran the Timpanogos half marathon while in Utah and loved it. The best part was running it with my husband, sister, and 4 of my sister-in-laws. They all did awesome and I felt like a proud Mama. It is so fun to share my love for running with others.

Also got a new PR 1:27:34
2nd in my age group
8th overall female
I'm the one with the shirt :)
It has been way too long since the race so I am not going to bother doing a race report.
This race was more about everyone else that was doing it. I was so proud of all of them and so happy that everyone made it to the finish line and did so awesome!!! I think a few of them are addicted :)
The crew minus Shelley
Polka Dot Girls! Love you!
Mike and I, we will see if he ever runs another one :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay I am so glad I FINALLY found you!! Thank you so much for the comment. I have been searching for you since the race but could not remember your name for the life of me. You are a freaking rockstar! Like seriously amazing!! Wow I am so so impressed by your speed and you were so nice too. I love your polka dot shirts and completely agree that watching family accomplish goals and fall in love with running is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete