Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Boxed in


I am in the middle of packing my house, not fun! I hate packing and moving. Feeling very boxed in!
Just a glimpse of part of my garage. Where did all this stuff come from is what I keep thinking;)
In an effort to relieve some stress today I decided to do a speed workout. For some of you this is not a big deal but for me this is the first time I have done structured speedwork. I did not really have a plan but I wanted to push myself so I texted Amanda from Runninghood and asked her if she had a good speed workout. I knew that she had done many a speed workout on the treadmill and figured that she would have something for me, I was right. :) Thanks Amanda! I was already on the treadmill when I read her response. So here is how my first speed workout looked-
2 mile warmup @ 7:47 pace
2K @6:58
recover for 1/2 mile @ 7:47
1K@6:27
recover for 1/2 mile@7:47 (got the text from Amanda and decided to try the 10x400's)
first 6x400's@6:00 pace with 400 recovery @7:42 pace
Last 4x400's @6:08pace with 400 recovery@7:42 pace
Cooldown

This kicked my butt!!! I had sweat dripping from everywhere!
I know I have a lot to learn but I am ready to start pushing my limits :)

So today I am grateful for the stress of moving and feeling "boxed in" because it pushed me to push myself to my 1st real speed workout :) Alright back to packing :)

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate packing and moving! It is good for getting rid of unwanted junk though!

    I love feeling pushed to do a good workout! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um you rock! That workout is intense. Moving is a pain but just think of how worth it it will be in the long run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm... I can't believe you didnt' text me and tell me about this??!!!! I wanted to be part of your first real speed workout...at least via PHONE! LOL...well....good job sister!!!! can't wait to hear all about it next week!

    ReplyDelete